Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Goodbye party and a farewell to our church

The last Saturday I was in Costa Rica, we had a goodbye lunch with our host families to get together and celebrate the times that we have spent together these past months. It was a great time of cross cultural fellowship; as we shared lunch together at Tom’s house and really enjoyed each other.

Then that next day at church, all of us interns and Tom went up in front of everyone to acknowledge and thank the church and all of the host families. In order for be to be able to speak in front of a crowd of Spanish speakers, I had to write all that I wanted to say in Spanish on a card to take up with me. It was a real testimony to myself about how far and how much Spanish I’ve learned since I first arrived in Costa Rica. We then presented them beautiful tropical flowers. This was the least we could have done for them!

No comments: